Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

When Jaws Attacks

Apologies for lack of adventure yesterday. I know you were all dying to know what I wore on the hottest day I have experienced in Oxford.


I did make it out for a small bit of adventure. Some walking but for the most part my aching calves didn't want to have any of it. So you are probably wondering what in the he'll this shark is that I have talked about. Well I went up to the Headington Shops to take a few closer photos for you.


"The headless sculpture, with the label "Untitled 1986" fixed to the gate to the house, was erected on the 41st anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb on Nagasaki. Created by the sculptor John Buckley, it is made of fibreglass, weighs four hundredweight, and is 25 feet long."
- From http://www.headington.org.uk/shark/


It caused quite a commotion and was highly controversial. But yet today it remains there. I hear most of the locals don't really even notice it anymore but when you aren't from around here and see Jaws dive bombing a house like a Loon getting a snack... It's certainly not normal.


Forgive the heinous flash and wild hair. The sun was so bright and it was flippin' hot out there!

Post adventure I decided to go relax and attempt to soak up some sun. (with sunscreen of course. I didn't want a repeat performance of Saturday)


The sky had turned the most amazing shade of blue and the park near Headington Hill wasn't too crowded. Some footballers, some people playing guitar and just hanging out. I ate ice cream and knitted and sat there in total peace. No sunburn either which made it even sweeter. I could have hoped for a bit more color though. I'm seriously almost see through.


And today was another hot morning, tried my hand at layering. I think it turned out pretty cute. And comfortable! Why don't I wear dresses to work more often?!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Catching up on your Oxford adventures. That's a crazy sculpture. Also, I love wearing dresses. Not being able to wear them is my least favorite thing about breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up from this week. I need to say that I'm loving how you post pics of your outfits each day. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails