Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers day

I was going to just be a homebody today, but then I felt bad and had to get out and explore some more.

It was a fairly nice day, not too chilly. Light sweater and I was good to go.


I can finally say I have ridden on the top front of the double decker bus. I caught the bus but managed to forget what stop I needed to get off on so I rode it around town for a little bit. Oops.


I saw this beautiful display while we were driving to dinner on Wednesday last week and knew I wanted to return. But I had to find it first. It's called the ghost trees.


They are beautiful rainforest trees. It's a statement against deforestation and trying to raise awareness about preservation.


They are situated in front of the PittRiver natural history museum. More on this later. It was free so I went in and saw the exhibits. Lots of dinosaurs and bones. Good stuff. I took a TON of pictures today too so I will get them up at some point.

I roamed around again for a few hours, this time my book came in handy! And decided towards the end of the day to be brave and go have a pint (Ruddles Ale) in honor of my dad for Fathers Day. I figured he would want me to. I went just after 5 when I knew they opened so it was just me and the bartender for a little bit. He let me taste a couple of beers and then also kicked my butt in a game of pool. English pool tables are small compared to ours but the same rules apply-for the most part. He introduced me to a few of his friends and they were all really nice, his gf is also from California and his friends had been to Vegas so that was something fun to talk about. Not as intimidating an experience as I thought it would be.


I also successfully cooked my first meal in Oxford. Plain and simple spaghetti and sauce, delicious nonetheless.


Back to work tomorrow!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. The first time I rode on a double decker bus I got on the bus going the wrong way so I had to circle back and then take the right one, lol.

    Glad you are getting out and meeting people! English people are so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I'm so proud of you going into pubs and getting a drink and meeting new people!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails