Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Baths and Giraffes

Okay super irritated because I just wrote up a huge post and stupid blog press didn't post it and didn't save it. Trying again.

Friday is dress down day so jeans were a must. And because it was supposed to be cool and rainy today I wore the heaviest sweater I brought- um, it is only 3/4. I will need to get a jacket this weekend.


I made it through my first week at work and there was a celebration! Actually, there was an event but it was for the London 2012 Olympics. Nielsen is a big part of that and they are promoting like crazy. It was cool though.

There was a big tent set up in the field (cirque du soleil style)


And activities included archery, boxing, fencing, tennis, etc.


Team Great Britain is training for the 2012 Paralympics and they brought their boat.


They also spoke for a bit about what they do and how they train.


It has finally rained in Oxford! Luckily I have an umbrella on loan from Penny. (can I just say that she his quite possibly the nicest sweetest woman I know. She walks and rides the bus with me if we are catching at the same time, She checks in on me all the time, and she even brought me some of her fashion magazines from home today thinking I might like them. She has even invited me out next week with her husband and friends to their golf club for a dinner event. I don't know what I would do without her. She has really made this trip so much easier for me.)


Friday is also early leave day so I was able to make it back up to Carfax to go to Lush! That shop is nuts. The people are completely wonderful and I spent an hour in there smelling everything and touching everything. I described it to the Mr. as bohemian. Everything is vegetarian or vegan and it is all fresh and natural. I ended up with a few goodies. I will definitely be going back to try some more things. I ended up not getting what I originally intended (the comforter bubble bar) but instead I got the karma bubble bar, big blue bath bomb, and some celestial face lotion. Loren the guy helping me was super sweet and did a bunch of demos for me. I am pretty sure I need to go back to get a sunny side bubble bar so I can make the mermaid water!!


Dinner was from The Pink Giraffe. Apparently English people love Chinese and Thai because there are tons of those places around here!


I watched Dr. Who for roughly 20 minutes. I couldn't help but giggle. I will need to try again. Luckily CSI is always on and now Superbad is on so it is all good.


And since I am lame, I can't bring myself to go out past dark by myself so I will be staying in, enjoying my first Lush bath, drinking a glass of wine and knitting. Resting up because tomorrow I am going exploring!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Yay, yay and yay!! Yay for exploring and yay for bath goodies and yay for new friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Stephanie's comment! And you look amazing as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lush. You do know there's a Lush store inside the Kenwood Macy's, yes? You can get your Lush fix when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails