Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sad day for Ohio

Session 4- SMASHED!

I was going to repeat session 3 since it was my first C25K run during lunch and I wasn’t sure if I could do it. But I decided it was doable and I needed to think I could do it. I adjusted my pace back down to 3.7/3.9 walks with 5.5 runs and I made it through the whole thing! 2.15 Miles in total including warmup and cool down walks. Britt is totally right- trust the program. I actually FELT better today. I wasn’t staring at the timer the whole time and just jogging away. I can do this.

So I know everyone probably knows already but I’m sad to report that a national landmark in Ohio is no more (sad face). The Solid Rock “King of Kings” aka Touchdown Jesus aka Big Butter Jesus was struck by lightning Monday night and resulting in him bursting to flames and now nothing stands but a frame of metal.

I don't want to attract hate comments and the like. I am merely mentioning it because as a national landmark that stood only 15 minutes from my house, I'm going to miss driving up north and seeing it. Just one of those things that you think will pretty much always be there.



Some folks are saying it is a sign from God that it got struck by lightning, others say merely a coincidence. Some say it's disrespectful, others say it is inspirational and a reminder of faith.

I don't know exactly what I think, other than I'm sad it's gone. But why? I'm not sure.

Guess we will just settle for having the largest basket in the country resting in Ohio.



Longaberger HQ in Newark

(I kinda like the Big Butter Jesus better)

PS- Haywood Banks has added another verse to his song! I'm not sure where to find it but I know it's out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails