Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Keep on Keepin' on

I've continued to feel better about everything.

I still have random moments where I'm down but not nearly as often and intense as they were the past few weeks.

To add to the up and up, we got our new hot water heater. I took my first HOT! shower in over a week this morning. Mr Buckeye did warn me it was hotter than the old one. YIKES! He was not kidding. But I lurve hot hot showers so it was all good news to me.

Add to that the fact that I not only have the back done on my Hey Teach Cardigan. But I now have the left front done as well. And modifying it to be a v-neck worked! I'm knitting on the right front now so at this rate I'll definitely have a cardi to wear by the end of June if not sooner!

And I may as well spill the beans while I'm at it. I've started running again. Well, you can't really call it running since I'm walking more than running. We all remember the disaster that was my last attempt. But I've modified a marathon schedule into what I believe will be a truly successful program for me. 21 weeks till Half Marathon time. Oct 17th. Write it down. I'll be there with bells and whistles! Maybe I can get Britt to make a fun button or something and hopefully join me! Even though she would totally rock my world right now and run circles around me since she can pound out solid 30 min runs like they are nothing right now!

But I'm not discouraged. We all have to start somewhere. And my program has me starting with 20 min walks that evolve to Walk/Runs that evolve to Runs that evole to MILES. 21 weeks seems like an eternity away but I'm confident that as long as I don't let me motivation slip away, I'll be a runner like the rest of them! And I won't get hurt this time!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! How exciting! You'll be at 30 minutes in no time! Slooow and steady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Leesh! Good for you, for wanting to run a half marathon... I think people who do that are a.maz.ing! For real. On another note, broken appliances suck... but I'm glad yours if fixed now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails