Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Yet another uneventful but semi-productive weekend.

Friday night was spent finishing a separate project that was overdue. I had a massive headache for approx 12 hours on Friday and I think it was due to eye strain from dealing with this blasted secret project. I decided I needed a break and went to some mindless knitting. And what do you know. I ended up with a finished project. And I mean finished! Soaked and blocked, and wrapped and ready to be sent. So even though I felt guilt about not working on the secret project I always feel such a sense of accomplishment when I fnish an outstanding project.

Saturday I spent quilting. Yes quilting. Another crafty project to add to the list. I successfully made my first quilt square. In 1 class. It was fun and yet frustrating at the same time dealing with all those little squares and such. But it did spark the inner 4 year old in my because it was like working with Colorforms all over again. Remember those? They are the greatest. Saturday night ended with an impromtu Battle of the Bands with P and myself. I'd say we were equal but I will toot my own horn because I did score 100% on the microphone during Eye of the Tiger. Yeah that is right. I rock.

Sunday was back to knitting. Secret Project is officially half way done. It took 7 days for the first half and I have 5 days left to finish so no more wasting time and no more other projects till Sunday! It is absolutely gorgeous though and there is lots of love knit into this thing. I hope the recipient is just tickled to pieces and appreciates all the hard work I've put into it.

Happy Monday ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. that doesn't sound like a fun hobby. my head hurts just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a fun hobby actually. Just not when you are on a deadline (that you set even though you were crazy) where you get stressed and cause agony over everything that used to be fun.

    After Sunday it will be fun again. If I don't stab myself in the eye with the sharp pointy needle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails