Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Charming? Darling?

So apparently I am getting really good at changing and adapting patterns - not designing...I don't even want to open the can of worms that is copyright and "original" designs. That just makes my brain hurt!

Remember those adorable fingerless mittens I finished yesterday? Well, I wanted a pair for myself. Only I wanted to change things up a bit. So I decided to take 2 great patterns- the construction of Fetching is amazingly simple and lovely and Dashing which I love the large 8 stitch cable- and sort of merge them together and I came up with what I think turned out to be a really cute variation! I knit this up yesterday and I'm really pleased with how it came out. I'll be making the other one tonight. Then perhaps my fingers won't freeze to my keyboard at work anymore.



I have written the cable placement up but I need to look into the rules and such for sharing that pattern. I am in no way claiming ownership of the construction of the mitten (That would be Cheryl Niamath!) or developing the cables. I merely used what I thought was a fantasticly written pattern and put my own little twist on the cables. (haha twist- cable! haha. okay not funny.)
Now I just need to name my fabulous mitt.
Should it be Charming? or Darling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails