Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Wrap-Up

Well, once again another year has come and gone in a flash.

And since I am just at a wall in terms of how to wrap up the year, I'm going Brie's way and answering a series of questions. This should about sum it up!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
We finished our basement!
I ran a half marathon.
I actually knit a sweater I can wear. as well as my first triangular shawl that resulted in 2 more!
I participated in my first knitting olympics- and medaled twice!
I played my first ever round of golf.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't actually make any formal resolutions, but getting active and running the half marathon was something I always WANTED to do and finally went through with it. I'll be making a couple formal resolutions this year though so I can track progress for 2012.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two of my WC girls gave birth to beautiful baby girls over the summer and My BFF Steph gave birth to a handsome young man in November!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
We lost my cousin Adele to Cystic Fibrosis on 3/15/10

5. What countries did you visit?Sadly we stayed domestic in 2010, though we hope to take vacation this year! We did, however make it to the west coast to celebrate our friend's big 3-0!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
This is a tough one, I don't feel like there is really anything missing. Perhaps that vacation I was talking about earlier.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 17- the date I ran my first half marathon.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This would be a 3 way tie. We finished our basement in the spring, I ran my half marathon in the fall, and we refinanced our house in the winter.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking time to enjoy each and every moment. This is a personal flaw of mine that I'm desperately trying to adjust. I get so wrapped up in the process and wondering about details that I don't enjoy things as much as I could... and should.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major. I did end up with Bursa in my knee earlier in the spring due to a bad training schedule and pushing too hard without building up. Other than that I was healthy... until Dec 29th when I became a leaky faucet and am still fighting this darn sinus infection cold thing. It's not so fun.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
All the stuff for the basement- Bar, Kegerator, TV, Entertainment Center, Pool Table, etc.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Basement and refinancing took a HUGE chunk of our savings. But luckily with the refinancing and my new job we will bounce back quickly, we are already moving along nicely. I'm lucky in that we save smartly and were able to finish the basement and refinance with absolutely NO credit card debt (save for the TV- But that doesn't count because it is no interest and will be paid off with the tax return)

13. What did you get really excited about?
The basement, Josh and Katie's Wedding, The Half Marathon

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Supermassive Black Hole by Muse from the Twilight Soundtrack. This song was the single largest motivator during my running. As soon as I heard the opening guitar riffs I would get moving.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder?  Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner but fatter than I was 2 months ago which I'm not happy about.
– richer or poorer? Poorer- refer to basement and refinancing investment above.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I read as much as I wanted to. I still managed to read 21 books so I guess it isn't all that bad. And I wish I did more sewing. Luckily I have a little station set up in my new office so that it will entice me to do so.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Getting involved in drama. Eating crappy fast food. Procrastinating.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
We had 5 Christmas celebrations. 3 in Cinci, 1 in Columbus, 1 in Canton. I'm exhausted.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
This was definitely the year of trashy reality tv for me. I can't get enough of the Jersey Shore. Although my nights are equally consumed by the Monday night sitcoms, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and others. It's a sickness how much tv I watch.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Of the 21 that I read, I really enjoyed the Girl With th Dragon Tattoo and Girl Who Played with Fire, as well as The Hunger Games. Dismantled was another off the wall book for me but I was completely consumed till I could finish it.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I absolutely LOVE Rihanna's song Only Girl in the World, and I'm loving Mumford & Sons

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Harry Potter of course and I can't forget Eclipse... I'm pretty much a 12 year old. I did like Inception too.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 this year. Here is what we did.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I could have won a million dollars. I'm pretty sure that would be quite satisfying. Realistically, I would like to have made progress on the house other than the basement. It's been 4 years and I still don't have rooms in order. It's on my goal list for 2011!

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I've always been on the classic/preppy side of fashion, I did end the year a little more on trend with some tall knee-high boots (though they are traditional equestrian boots :) )

26. What kept you sane?
Patrick had to deal with me a lot last year. I'm pretty sure I would have lost my mind without having him there as a sounding board. Along with my long saturday runs. They were a great time to get out and not think.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Tell them Yes.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm not the only person who watches a ridiculous amount of tv! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails