Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Columbus Marathon: Part 1, The Pre-Race

I’m a half marathoner!
5 months of training and soreness and joy and sorrow all led up to Sunday. I’m so sad it’s over but I’m so empowered at my ability to have completed my journey that I’m already looking for more!
Pre-race:
I rode up to C-Bus with K to head to the expo so that our husbands could enjoy a round of golf before heading up to meet us. The expo was nice, not terribly large but since I didn’t know what to expect I was satisfied. Though the convention center was SWARMING with teeny bopper cheerleaders. It made me nostalgic and miss my days of competition cheerleading. I do have to say that there were MANY uniforms that I found to be wholly inappropriate for girls that young. And I’m not that conservative when it comes to that stuff!
We walked around, I got a mini massage- the back is still full of knots! I bought 2 BondiBands (Brie always raved so much that I was on the lookout and if I saw them I was definitely getting some!) a Pink 13.1 for race day and another plain black for everyday running and some CEP compression sleeves. I’ll do a product review later on both. I loved them so much! I was a little disappointed in the shirts and gear in the race shop so I decided not to buy any more and to just keep my tec shirt as my souvenir shirt.
We stayed for roughly 2 hours and headed back so that I could be dropped off. The night was spent making signs, watching the terrible Buckeyes loss- that caused me to go to bed late!- and laying out and checking my gear 15 times before satisfied I didn’t forget anything. Dinner consisted of Olive Garden, which we got carry out because it happened to be homecoming night and there was no way that 8 of us would get to eat and be back for the game. A cup of Gnocchi soup and some mushroom ravioli. I didn’t eat too much, just enough to be full. I had been working more carbs into the diet the whole week before because I didn’t want a brick of carbs in my belly the night before.
I tossed and turned most of the night, Nerves definitely were getting the best of me.
Part 2- Race Day coming tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I also think you're nuts, but in a completely wonderful way. My idea of exercise is going to the mall. I try to do more, but then I think, meh, I'd rather read or make jewelry. So pathetic. But you're quite an inspiration. Also ... I think this might make you a "runner" who is "talented." Accept your fate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're awesome :) I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to post something like this on my site and this has given me an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails