Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Paleo for the first time

Today was a day of firsts.

Dr. Ryan (who owns Crossfit Cornerstone) is also a kick ass chiropractor. I've talked with him a couple of times before and this week we got to talking about my knee which lead to my hips and my posture and so on. I decided to go ahead and schedule an appt and get checked out today. As we thought, it appears that my hips are misaligned and could potentially be causing some of my knee and back pain. We took some xrays of my hips, neck, and spine and I go back tomorrow to see how the xrays looked. Before I left though, I got hooked up to a machine that pulsed electricity through my knee and stimulated my sciatic nerve. Also an ultrasound on the inside of my knee to hopefully help out with the inflamation and swellling. I'm excited to learn more about what is going on with my body and how everything is connected.

I also made a trip to Jungle Jims and completed the healthiest shopping trip I've ever gone on. I bought a metric ton of produce and picked up some paleo supplies so that I could cook tonight. On the menu was Paleo Orange Chicken and Fried Rice from Health-bent.com

I was worried that I wouldn't like it and would need to finish off the bag of Doritos afterwards but surprisingly enough, it was pretty good! I made a huge mess in the kitchen but it cleaned up easily and I have leftovers for probably 2-3 more meals. I think I may have liked it better had I used chicken breast instead of thighs. The chili-garlic sauce was spicy but super delicious! My oranges unfortunately weren't that sweet so I added a little bit of honey to the sauce. It was still good but I feel like it could have been more "orange-y." Overall it was a success.



The box is hosting a challenge that starts on Monday. It's 30 days of eating using the whole30 plan. I don't think I'm quite down for that to go cold turkey, but I'm definitely up for cleaning up my eating. All the hard work just to fuel myself with crap is starting to get to me and I know that is the missing piece. I'm not sure that Paleo is for me and likely not whole30 because that is even more strict. I'll find the right balance for me.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails