Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Get Up... Turkish that is

Wrapped up the week with some old and some new.

The old was Wendler Week 1 Cycle 2 for Deadlift. My training max has increased by 10.

5 @ 65%
5 @ 75%
5+ @ 85%

I hit 10 reps at 85% (114 lbs)

The new (to me) was 20 minutes of Turkish Get Up (we used Barbells instead of Kettlebells)


Barbells add another factor into the mix because not only are you lifting the heavy weight, but you also have to balance it since the weight isn't concentrated in the middle like with the KB. We were working to find our 1RM (had to be the same for both arms). Since I was new to this, I worked on getting form down with a PVC pipe, then a wooden dowl, then a metal bar, then finally the training bar with 10 pounds on it. I managed to get 22 lbs with both arms and could have gone more but I was getting tired and needed to foam roll my legs and get over to Baker for my Chiropractor appt.

Brandon (ony of my trainers) gave it a whirl with an alternative to barbells and kettlebells... a human :)


Hope you all have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails