Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Henley on Thames

I ended up spending literally the entire day in Henley yesterday with Michelle and the boys. Too tired yesterday to post.

Started the morning off with Fruit Loops! And pinterest.


Sweet and simple white tee and skinny jeans. Ended up wearing my navy blue and white sweater over it since it was a little cooler than I thought. I was also having a really good hair and makeup day :)


A fairly short bus ride (bout 35 min) and they were ready and waiting for me. The boys had declared I must be taken to Henley immediately for lunch at ZiZzi's. I ate a pizza the size of my torso and watched the boys mix their lemon, vanilla, and strawberry gelato into an ice cream soup. Pretty adorable and really well behaved.

Henley is home to the Henley Royal Regatta. We walked along the Thames river, up to the locks, and back. Really pretty area, lots of super nice and expensive houses- a dream to live there I am sure.








There was a cute church where someone was getting married and we later saw another fancy English car go by with the bride and groom in the back with champagne! It was the most adorable thing ever.


No trip to the river would be complete without feeding the ducks!


Our time was about up at the car park so we headed back to the village of Crowmarsh and had drinks at The Old Post Office. (the boys had slush puppies!) there is a box of children's books there and James had me read The Jungle Book to him. Every. single. page. He was pretty much my little buddy by the end of the night.

After drinks we went back to the house so that the boys could have some dinner (Michelle and I were still full from our 10 pounds of pizza earlier) and then playtime.

James read about 25 books to me and then wrote in his journal for the summer. He writes one sentence each day to practice his writing. They only learn cursive! I found that amazing since they don't even teach it in US schools anymore. His entry for Saturday? "Mums friend from work came." :)

It was so nice to be included in such a normal everyday kind of weekend day. I had a really great time, though I was completely exhausted by the end. A 5 year old and 2 year old boy will do that to ya!

Once again I have the best colleagues ever!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails