Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

POP a squat



No extended warmup- we are starting a new program. Called the Wendler Method- will explain more in a detailed post to come. But basically it is designed to make you stronger and focuses on the "big lifts" (squats, press, deadlift, CG Bench)

We started today with back squats. We all know how much I loathe the squat because my depth sucks. Surprise surprise, today I actually did pretty well! The program is based off of your training max (which is 90% of your 1 rep max) so I worked today to find my 1 rep max. And that stupid medicine ball was under me the whole time and I tapped my hiney on it almost every time- PROGRESS! I worked my way up from the 33lb bar all the way up to 98lbs.

Shocked the hell out of me. And I'm only going to get stronger from here.
Hopefully I'll end up with some sweet biceps and definition too like my girl Brit.

All in all it was a nice change of pace for a Monday and definitely not as ridiculously brutal as that Partner WOD from last thursday. We were STILL talking about that one today- so much pain.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! You'll increase your back squat max so quickly! In 4 wks I increased mine by almost 100 lbs. Especially a 1 rep max. You'll double that in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails