Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Partner up!



I ended up skipping yesterday because of soreness and Brit convinced me to not overdo it.

I almost wish I would have so that I would not have had to endure the pain of today.

PAIN.

Today's WOD was a partner workout where you have the list of exercises and you work together to chip away at it. The catch it that only one person can work at a time and while they are working, the other person gets to run for 400m. Not one part of this workout was fun.

So between the 2 of us, we needed to complete

200 Kettlebell Swings
150 Thrusters
100 Burpees
50 Toes to Bar

Oh yeah, and there was a time cap of 35 minutes.

Scott started the run first leaving me to start swinging away with the kettlebell. I managed to eek out 40 by the time he got back from his run and I set out for my first of way too many 400m runs. I think it took 2 rotations to complete the KBS and then on to the thrusters. I tried doing them Rx with the 33lb bar but of course the wrist wasn't having it. Since there is only one training bar, Sen took apart another piece of equipment and gave me a bar that was better suited to a backyard brawl than a workout. But it was heavier than PVC and okay on my wrist. Didn't matter much anyway since my goal with any squat exercise is depth. On to burpees. Oh Lord, I hate burpees. I was pretty much a pile of goo trying to do these. Scott was such a trooper though- he was definitely taking a lot of the brunt of the work because I was a slower runner. But getting through them and on to T2B. We scaled it for me to abmat situps. I don't think our final count is right though because I completed 16 before I set out for my last run and I know Scott did some too. So I think our final count is higher than 465 but that's what is on the board. I was still running when time was up so I don't know quite how we ended.

Overall this workout was completely brutal.
A shock to the system and really a push on endurance and strength.

Better luck next time!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails