Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 1

 Trust the program. It works. After that disaster of a Monday attempt, I made my vow to start over. Back to square 1.

I did. It didn't look like it would go well- I worked all day long from 8-7:30 including travel time, came home, got changed, checked out podcasts, and then hauled my cookies to the Y. Unfortunately I left my ipod shuffle at home and thought if I returned for it I would not go back out. So I completed today sans music and distractions. It wasn't as terrible as I thought. I was able to focus and really pay attention to what I was doing.

Week 1 Day 1 consists of a 5 minute warmup walk followed by intervals for 20 minutes: 60 seconds of running then 90 seconds of walking. Sounds easy right? Not for someone straight off the couch! I am committed to running this time at a 6.0, or 10 minute miles. Quite speedy compared to the 5.0 pace I kept last time. I ran at a 6.0 and walked at a 4.0-4.3 the entire time, except for the end. The last 60 second run I bumped to a 6.5 (9:13 mile) and then for good measure I ran an extra 30 seconds at a 7.0 at the end. (I was thisclose to 2 miles and felt like I needed the sprint to boost my confidence.


Week 1, Day 1 - Success

It wasn't easy but it wasn't a run from hell. Obviously easier in the beginning and then harder as my endurance was being challenged. But I did it and felt great- plus it was only 25 minutes plus a little bit of stretching. When I was driving home from work dreading the whole thing I got to thinking- I'm likely going to sit on the couch for at least 25 minutes tonight and watch sitcoms and reality TV (HELLO ANTM PREMIERE!!), I might as well be spending some of that time at the gym and watch later on DVR without commercials.

Post-workout I even cooked dinner! Mr. Buckeye is gone for the night so I ate something he wouldn't touch with a 10 ft. pole. A FABULOUS dinner salad!

Butter Bliss Lettuce Mix, grilled chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, feta cheese, carrots, Raspberry Vinaigrette

4 comments:

  1. Go Leesh! And I am also muy impressed that you've stuck with the 28 day blog challenge...you are a driven woman! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good for you. I'm chuckling to myself because you took a picture of the treadmill after the workout. Did you get stares from the people around you? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you find the motivation (and time!) to go to the gym and make dinner even though you don't get home until 7:30? Please share, I need help!! I want to be like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! and that salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails