Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Commuting

Tuesday was a slight off day for me. I was just having one of those days where everything felt off. You know the day I'm talking about- where all you want to do is just sit there and have an ugly cry. But you don't. You just feel dumpy and out of control. Yes, Tuesday was one of those days for me.

Luckily for me though, I got out of the house on Wednesday and made my way into the office. I'm still trying to adjust my routine now that I'm partially working remote from home- the whole getting up and getting showered and dressed when you have no where to go but down the hall to your office is challenging. I've done okay so far but again, Tuesday was one of those days.

One of the bad parts about driving into the office is the location. Sure, we are 2buckeyesinCinci... but in reality, we are northwest of the city... and I work south of the city. Which makes for a brutal commute on one of the worst highways in the country. Seriously- # 36 on the list of America's 75 Worst Commutes is the route I'm talking about. The number of weekly hours of bottleneck congestion? 86! It is the absolute most frustrating feeling to get into my car in the morning knowing that I will be sitting, literally sitting in traffic and that a couple of miles will take me at least 15 minutes and then the heavens open and the traffic is gone. It's just brutal and it blows my mind every single day.

Now Wednesday the traffic guru's must have been watching out for me because I had a great commute not once, but twice! The commute actually took the expected 45 minutes that it should be every day. Hallelujah!

But the potholes. I need to lodge a formal complaint with the city because holy hell they are everywhere. Potholes every quarter mile in all sections of the lanes in all lanes. Big ones, small ones, cracks, craters. I swear some are turning into sinkholes.

It's going to be a looong winter till they can repair the highway although that Punk Phil didn't see his shadow so come March 20, I'll expect perfect highways and no more potholes.

1 comment:

  1. Our mayor actually created a pothole app so you can report potholes, lol. He ran for mayor on a pothole platform...that's how many we have! And our roads are still a mess after a big rain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails