Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Break

It was a fantabulous day today. Finally a nice bit of weather to get us away from either muggy, humid, and hotter than Hades or muggy, hot, and OMG is that a monsoon?

Work rewarded us for getting us through the year with a BBQ for lunch today. We got to spend 1.5 wonderful hours out in the sunshine not working. I look forward to those. Plus it was jeans day. It's amazing what allowing your employees to dress down does for morale. I wish we have jeans days more often but I'll take what I can get.

After work we headed over to the range to hit a bucket of balls. It's been I don't know how long since I've played and I was worried that everything I had learned would go out the window. But all was well, I still topped the ball quite a bit but when I got under it and swung smoothly I had a nice draw and good loft. Plus I was hitting my driver pretty well and that is a first for me. We've decided we are going to go play this weekend- likely on Sunday morning. Just the 2 of us. I'm really looking forward to it.

Post-golf today I felt guilty. I didn't run at lunch and I didn't feel well (I've got this nasty cough thing where my voice is cracking and itchy and just eeew- plus my back hurt. Mr Buckeye was sick for about a week and I'm worried I may have caught what he had. Same symptoms- achy, sinusy, coughing, etc. only his throat didn't hurt.) But as we were driving home I had the urge to run. I didn't want to be mad at myself that I fell off schedule for even 1 day.

So I went. And I did it. It was hard, I'm not going to lie. But I decided I would stay at my 5.5 pace during my runs and push through. I managed all except the last 2 minutes of the 2nd 5 minute run. 3 minutes in I had to take a 10 second breather to finish. But I ran 10 seconds extra to make up for it. All in all a solid run. Especially considering I didn't feel well. 2.57 miles in 32:30, average pace including 5 min warmup and cool down was 4.7.

I can do this. I know I can. It's a tough road but I'm mentally coping with it and I figure that has to be at least 75% of this process.

And just so ya'll don't think I'm faking this. Here I am after the run today. Blinded by the sun, redder than a tomato, and dripping with sweat- I toweled off... I don't know how many times.

And remember when I mentioned I was THAT girl at the movie theater? You know... the one who Knits In Public? Well, this is what I started:


One Row Lace Scarf
US 9
Elsebeth Lavold Cool Wool in Color 07
My Ravelry Project Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails