Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Randomness

Fall is officially here and I couldn’t be happier! The weather has finally chilled to a crisp 60*, the clouds have come out to stay, and the leaves are falling faster than they can change color. (though I wish they would stay on the trees for at least a little bit so I can marvel at the beauty)

A lot has happened on the running front. I have completed my training and am now in taper mode. I successfully completed my 12 mile run on Saturday. I must say, I did not enjoy it. I’m just hoping and praying that I get a little bit of that joy I felt during my 10 miler. It was absolutely amazing and knowing that I am not feeling the same way during each run is just heartbreaking. I’m officially 12 days away from running my first half marathon . I feel like a manic-depressant… One minute I’m over the roof elated and so excited to know that I am so close, then the next minute I’m in a sweaty panic thinking OMG What the hell am I thinking?! It’s been a journey- that’s for sure. But hopefully in 2 weeks, I’ll be able to give a full race report as a half-marathoner! It will definitely be an experience to never forget.

On the knit front, of course I have started some new projects. The socks I began back in April have returned and I’m now on the foot. Hopefully not too much longer and I can be wearing them officially without needles poking me. There is also a gorgeous set of mittens that I started using the new wool I bought from A Wool Gathering. They are proving to be a challenge with the teeny tiny charts and twisted rib the entire way. But they will be awesome once they are finished.

On the sewing front, I finally completed my first ever quilt. It was washed without issue (ie it didn’t fall apart!) and gifted to it’s rightful new owner. (rather it’s new owners future mommy) I lost my camera the day of the shower so I’m waiting on the pics I took with her DSLR (Totally jealous!) Along with the quilt I whipped up 2 adorable baby bibs using the leftover fabric and some towels. I hope little William gets lots of use out of them! I also managed to dissect and recreate an interchangeable needle case. I found an amazing case that I absolutely loved but didn’t want to spend the $$ on and figured I could try to make a worthy imposter. It turned out fantastic if I do say so myself. Obviously it’s imperfect and I could make a few adjustments, but my KnitPicks Harmonies are loving their new home!

More tomorrow. I’ve got to get back on a blogging schedule. I prefer organized- topic focused posts and lately it’s been a hot mess.

At least I get to go to Ma’s tonight for some spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails