Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm a Reader

1. Finger Lickin' Fifteen- Janet Evanovich
2. The Lace Reader- Brunonia Barry
3. Julia's Chocolates- Cathy Lamb
4. Knit the Season- Kate Jacobs
5. Garden Spells- Sarah Addison Allen
6. The Sugar Queen- Sarah Addison Allen
7. Full House- Janet Evanovich
8. Full Tilt- Janet Evanovich
9. The Help- Kathryn Stockett
10. Memoirs of a Shopping Addict- Avis Cardella
11. The Girl Who Chased the Moon- Sarah Addison Allen
12. Out of Eden- Beth Ciotta
13. Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
14. Eat, Pray, Love- Elizabeth Gilbert
15. Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen- Christopher McDougall
16. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner- Stephanie Meyer
17. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- Steig Larrson
18. My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Beinga Dumb Ass Is the New Black or a Culture-up Manifesto- Jen Lancaster

Wow, I didn't realize that I hadn't updated since early September. Since reading Born to Run, I flew through Bree Tanner. Found that enjoyable. It didn't read as well, in my opinion, compared to the other Twilight books, and it was my first novella in I don't know how long. But I thoroughly enjoyed the development of the characters and it was really interesting to read the same story from a different point of view.

Apres ca, came the much anticipated Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I struggled to get into it, but roughly 75 pages in I was hooked. I couldn't get enough of the story and was spellbound through the entire thing. I've already been to the half price bookstore and picked up the third in the series while the 2nd is still on request from the library. I can't wait to read more about Lisbeth Salander and I'm wondering what she is doing playing with Fire.

Just yesterday I finished the newest installment in the memoirs of Jen Lancaster. Yet again she did not dissappoint. I laughed hysterically and out loud on many occassions, and was sad to see it end. I was recently informed as well that she will be releasing her first FICTION novel If You Were Here that is due out in May 2011. I can't wait to see how she transitions from Memoir and Bloggy style to fiction novel, but if her charming and hilarious storytelling ability shines through we should all be in for a real treat!

Up next on my reading list, aside from waiting for Girl Who Played With Fire and The Hunger Games from the library, is Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes. I picked this up last year and never got around to reading it. i think it's high time I picked it up off the shelf and read what it's all about.

PS- I ran for the first time since the marathon. 8 days post marathon and I was able to rock out an 11min mile. Just one. But one more than I ran all week so I'm happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails