Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Final Countdown

So I am less than a week away from the Columbus Half Marathon and I'm starting to flip out. I went out for my last long run on Saturday- went to the happy place- which was gorgeous as usual and managed to have an absolutely awful time. I managed to run the first 5k but had to stop and stretch at pretty much every half mile. After the run on Thursday where we went to a cross country trail, My right hip has hurt tremendously. Stretching and more stretching but the recovery is very slow. It's feeling a little better now, but not 100%. Of the 7.5 miles on Saturday I walked a solid 2 miles but figured it was better than pushing it and getting hurt worse, or even worse than that- not finishing at all. I've got 2 runs this week on my schedule and I'm determined to just let loose and have fun with it. I'm running this race for me. No one else. Just me.

Luckily, yesterday/this weekend was a big race weekend and I got to see many folks succeed in reaching their goals.

My high school buddy Mike ran the Dayton Half Marathon
Brie over at Brie-Fit is officially a marathoner! She ran the Chicago Marathon- such a rockstar!
Kelly from Rav also ran the Chicago Marathon this weekend!
Toria from Rav ran a 5k Saturday with her adorable dog Craig
Jay from Rav ran the Marine Corps Half in Albany, NY

and I'm sure there are so many more that I missed.

I'm emotional and excited and scared and elated at the idea that this time next week I will be able to say I ran my first half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails