Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Book It! 2009

I really wish I could participate in the Book It Program again. It was always the best to be reqarded at Pizza Hut with my very own! personal pizza as my reward for reading my books. I fell out of love with reading during college when I had to read pages and pages of business practices and chemical equations and random nonsense. I picked up my books again last year and rounded out 2008 with 28 books under my belt. I was hoping for bigger things in 2009- perhaps reach the 50 book mark? But alas, I found another hobby that seriously took a hit on my reading time. But still, I'm rounding out 2009 with 26 books completed. I'm almost caught up with the Stephanie Plum series so who knows what I'll do for 2010. I seem to find a series and read all the way through without much interruption. I did it for the Shopaholic Series (dont judge the books by the movie- the books are fantastic!) and the Twilight Series and Harry Potter, and now with the Stephanie Plum series. I have to say though that I still enjoy reading every bit as much as I did last year and I'm so thankful I've been able to take the time and sit down and enjoy some great reads this year.

1. Breaking Dawn Stephanie Meyer
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets JK Rowling
3. Go for No! Richard Fenton & Andrea Waltz
4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban JK Rowling
5. Three to get Deadly Janet Evanovich
6. Knit Two Kate Jacobs
7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire JK Rowling
8. Four to Score Janet Evanovich
9. Pretty in Plaid Jen Lancaster
10. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince JK Rowling
11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows JK Rowling
12. High Five Janet Evanovich
13.Angels and Demons Dan Brown
14. Hot Six Janet Evanovich
15. Plum Lovin' Janet Evanovich
16. Seven Up Janet Evanovich
17. Hard Eight Janet Evanovich
18. To the Nines Janet Evanovich
19. Ten big Ones Janet Evanovich
20. Eleven on Top Janet Evanovich
21. Twelve Sharp Janet Evanovich
22. Twenties Girl Sophie Kinsella
23. Plum Spooky Janet Evanovich (Audio Book)
24. Lean Mean Thirteen Janet Evanovich
25.The Mermaid Chair Sue Monk Kidd (Audio Book)
26. Fearless Fourteen Janet Evanovich

and currently I have Finger Licking Fifteen (Janet Evanovich) and The Lace Reader (Brunonia Barry) out from the library, and I got Knit the Season (Kate Jacobs) for Christmas so those will be the first books for 2010.

My reading resolution for 2010 will be to vary my reading subjects a little bit. Not dive into every series I find and read without abandon- it's too dissapointing when I catch up or reach the end. I'd rather spread them out longer so I can enjoy the characters even more.

Read any great books lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails