Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Back to the Grind

Our goal of completely Christmas shopping was ALMOST reached over the weekend. Seriously. 5 hours later and we have 2 gifts left to purchase (actually 1 is an exchange and the other is a purchase) so i'd say we did pretty well. Yesterday was spent knitting away (well, I was at least) while P headed up north for work again. He's been gone every week for at least a day for 4 weeks now. We can't wait for December to be over so we can get back on some sort of schedule. I am itching to get back into the kitchen (that would mean I have to go to the grocery store... like asap!) and get us back to our regularly scheduled programming. I've never been so great at the cooking for one thing so often I resort to noodles, canned goods, or take-out. My body has never been more angry at me. I guess I'm just prepping myself for a bit of new years resolution?

Back to the knitting. I've been working on these adorable little boy pants called "Longies" for a friend and I swear yesterday I thought they would be the death of me. After thinking I had done the short rows incorrectly not once but 6 times, I ripped the entire thing out and started over... only to find out that I had in fact done them correctly and now had to redo them again. (Short rows are done in the "bum" area of the pants and give them extra length and bulk to fit over diapers.) So I finally caught up to where I was and decided to keep going. Now I discover I have these ugly "ladders" in one section and I'm bound and determined to just work them out instead of ripping back again. I've almost got it to where you can't see them. And maybe only I can see them because I know they are there. I'll ask the gals at knit night tonight. I'm hoping to get the rest of the body and part of the gusst (the part that goes between the legs) done today so I can maybe get these pants on B's bottom before 2010!

Well, back to work- I need to stay focused since I'm only working 4 days a week in December :)

Oh and not to rub it in or anything but I only have 6 days left of work in 2009. Neener!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails