Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

YAHOO!

What a lovely way to wrap up my working 2009- I get to take a half day today! YIPPEE!

Had a wonderful time at knit night last night. I just love those ladies to bits. Seriously- Lambikins Hideaway is where it's at. I have a gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket but I've actually shown some restraint and committed to finished the projects that I must get finished for others before I become a selfish knitter and only knit for myself- I'm hating being on deadlines and that's not why I knit. I knit what inspires me and I truly love my hobby with all my heart. But seriously- my WIP (Work in Progress) list thus far is:

1. 1 Christmas gift (looks like you all know what I'll be doing tonight and tomorrow- should be a breeze though since I've already made 3 others and I have the pattern memorized)
2. a pair of baby "longies" (little pants for a friend's baby boy) and I'm about 1/4 done with the first leg
3. a pair of gloves for another friend- up to the gusset (the palm part) on the first one
4. a surprise gift for Mama's Birthday in January. But I've only cast on for that one- done nothing else so that will be a challenge to be finished by 3rd week in January
5. a beanie hat for my brother for his bday in January also
6. a "driving cap" (think Kangol) for Patrick- not sure about this one. I may just buy the Kangol- ha!

Not to mention that January is knit for yourself month at lambikins and you get special discounts on materials purchased for yourself and when you bring in your finished item you get additional discounts! Some things may be put on the back burner so I can knit for myself!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails