Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm a Reader

1. Finger Lickin' Fifteen- Janet Evanovich
2. The Lace Reader- Brunonia Barry
3. Julia's Chocolates- Cathy Lamb
4. Knit the Season- Kate Jacobs
5. Garden Spells- Sarah Addison Allen
6. The Sugar Queen- Sarah Addison Allen
7. Full House- Janet Evanovich
8. Full Tilt- Janet Evanovich
9. The Help- Kathryn Stockett
10. Memoirs of a Shopping Addict- Avis Cardella
11. The Girl Who Chased the Moon- Sarah Addison Allen
12. Out of Eden- Beth Ciotta
13. Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
14. Eat, Pray, Love- Elizabeth Gilbert
15. Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen- Christopher McDougall

I could go on and on and on about Born to Run. It was so amazing and inspiring and out of this world craziness. The fact that it is true, and the Tarahumara* really do exist just blows my mind. This book inspires me to find my inner joy when it comes to running. Do it for me. Now please don't misunderstand me, I am not really thinking I will be a competitve ultra marathon runner, but after reading the book I want to go get some pinole and chia and hit the trails! The reading is a bit choppy, but the story is beyond amazing.

Runners and non-runners alike would be sucked into this book. The determination of one man to fufill a dream and bring together 3 different cultures for an amazing race that will never be seen is just, in Stephanie's words, MAGICAL.

I've picked up 2 new books from the library and am already tearing into The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer and that will be followed by the greatly anticipated Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Happy Reading!

*The RarĂ¡muri or Tarahumara are an indigenous people of northern Mexico who are renowned for their long-distance running ability. Source: Wikipedia

PS- They wear really beautiful clothing when they run. Click here to see the people the book is about (including Barefoot Ted! Yes! He runs barefoot... in the trails... over rocks and dirt and leaves... he's crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails