Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

First Run

So Tuesday I headed back to the gym for my tri-weekly spin class beatdown.

It was absolutely freezing outside and I didn't want to go. But I did.

But holy hell if that spin class wasn't cancelled and the next class was an hour later.

I was not in the mood to wait around for an hour so I decided to go say hello to my old friend- the treadmill.

I walked my .1 mile warmup and then pounded out a mile at the quickest pace I could manage and challenged myself. That pace ended up between a 10 minute mile and 11 minute mile. Not too shabby for my first real run since the half marathon. At that point, however I felt like my lungs were going to explode from my chest and walked about a quarter mile. Ran again only this time at a 10 min pace. Walk a little bit. Ran a few intervals at a 6.5/7.0 pace and then had enough when I got to 2.65 miles I called it quits- I was at 33 minutes at this point. I was bummed that I didn't do a full 5k (and I didn't run the entire time) but I pushed myself and it felt good.

I followed up with a 20 minute session on the elliptical where I acted as if I was climbing a hill- steadily increasing the incline and the resistance as I went.

Starting over is not fun- but it's got to be done.

My goal for 2011 is 2 half marathons. I would like to race in the spring and the fall. It can, let me rephrase that- it WILL be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails