Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Papa

Oy Vey, it's been a bit since I have updated but I've been super busy and have lots to update from the last 4 days so I will break this out for you. How thoughtful of me right? I know. Your welcome.

So I went to visit Papa after work on Thursday and much to my surprise he was the same ole Papa I know and love. He knew who I was and immediately pulled me down to give me a big hug and kiss. The visit went extremely well, he ate a big plate of food and an enormous piece of chocolate cake. Sure, he was a little slow and spacey but I'm sure it was overwhelming to have everyone there after the ordeal he had gone through. We had a nice visit and chatted about work and married life and all that. I left feeling extremely blessed that prayers were answered.

He was transferred on Saturday to a Physical Therapy Care facility because even with the memory back and eating a bit he still isn't able to come home. The doctors say that home care would just be too much on Mama (which I agree) and since Alzheimers is so unpredictable it is best for everyone that he can have round the clock care. I'll be going to visit him today to check out his new home and visit with him. It's only about 15 minutes from the house so visiting shouldn't be too hard to do!

Thanks again for the prayers, I really believe they have helped us all come through this.

ETA: I found out on Saturday that my cousin's father had passed away. Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult time in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails