I am not the greatest when it comes to things like medicine, surgery, needles, blood, etc. Unless it is on TV or has nothing to do with the above mentioned things coming near me. I have given blood once and cried... Tried again and pretty much passed out so that I wasn't able to donate. That sucked too because they had already poked me and the blood was a-flowin.
Today I had to put my big girl pants on though and go get some blood drawn for work. My colleagues had sufficiently freaked me out, not knowing that I am a bit squeamish and already was panicky. One person... "Oh it was awful! They took like 2 pints! " Another relayed to me that she saw 2 people pass out...
It did not bode well for me. I scheduled my appt. for early this morning so I could get it over with. I brought my shuffle and listed to some relaxing tunes to help distract me. And luckily the lady there was okay with my craziness... I couldn't even look that woman in the eye when I knew we were about to begin! And you know what?
It was over before I knew it. I might have been distracted by the fact that a hardcore running not relaxing song came on my shuffle and I was more focused on changing the song.
I know it may seem like I am a big baby. But I am uber proud of me and me big girl pants today. I don't want to do it again, but I definitely made it out to be worse than it was.
First and foremost, it is important to note that I ran yesterday. Well, I walked and ran. For 40 minutes on the treadmill. And went 3 miles :) it wasntfun and it wasn't easy and I almost threw up at the end, but I did it. Slowly but surely.
And then I dabbled in nail polish.
I am sure everyone has seen the water swirly manicures all over interest. I painted my nails with Ulta "love my blackberry" and finished with Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love. (Barry M base coat as well) and all was fine till I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and chipped my right pointer finger. I know, right? Who does that!
Enter water swirls. I figured now was as good a time as ever to try it out.
Used the same Ulta polish, OPI Teal the Cows Come Home, and Barry M Peach Melba and gave it a swirl.
It was pretty easy, definitely messy but not bad when I taped up my finger and then peeled away.
So I have done a tiny bit of knitting. Now if only I could get off my honey and do a lot of running, things would really be looking good.
Finished my socks finally!
I turned this lovely skein of Malabrigo Lettuce
Into this adorable vintagey pleated cloche called Ripley while watching Saturday football.
And then turned around Sunday and started another new shawl. Again in Malabrigo Abril (similar in color to my Cala Shawl) and this time the pattern Aestlight Shawl.
Now that the weather is a bit cooler, the knitting bug is back. Over the weekend was the Columbus Marathon and I was nostalgic for my Saturday runs at the trail and wishing I was a fit as I was last year. I need to stop complaining and just get up and go. The only thing standing in my way is me.
1. The most selfless thing I've ever done was ... Well, As bad as this sounds, I don't know that anything is jumping out at me. I try to do nice things for people and be very helpful and considerate of others. I'm usually pretty good about it I think.
2. When it comes to working out I ride the roller coaster. I hop on the bandwagon and get super into it and then the motivation slowly slips away. I need to be better but being lazy is so much easier!
3. A woman should always hope to be the best version of herself and not let anyone or anything make her think she can't be whatever she wants to be.
4. I wish I could magically know how to cook amazing, and healthy! meals from scratch.
5. A best friend is someone who you can talk to anytime, anywhere. Even if you haven't talked in a while but can pick up the phone and be in conversation like you spoke every day.
6. I can't get enough OREOS AND MILK these days. Seriously... we have polished off a bag this week!
7. This weekend I am doing lots of random things. Hanging curtains, cleaning, knitting, football, etc. Not incredibly exciting but it must be done.